Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Susan and the Fire on the Stove

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
I was probably seven years old when this happened. Like Susan, I walked into the kitchen and saw a fire underneath a pot on the stove.
Remembering my training in school, I ran out the front door as fast as I could, without saying anything to my mom, who I had to pass in the living room.
She walked out the front door after me, wondering what I was doing. “There’s a fire!” I told her.
“Where?” she asked.
“On the stove,” I answered.
She walked back into the house. A couple of minutes later, she came back out. “Why didn’t you tell me?” she wanted to know. “You have to tell people when there’s a fire so that everyone can get out. What would have happened to me if you didn’t tell me?”
Good point, I thought, resolving never to make that mistake again.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment