Sunday, December 18, 2011

Roxy's Vet Bills

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
In the book, Eric’s running late for school and forgets to let his dog, Roxy, back into the house when he leaves. When he comes home, Jim lies and tells him that Roxy got into a fight with another dog and got hurt. He then adds that Eric is going to have to pay for the vet bills. A second later, Roxy comes up to the back door as healthy as can be and Eric erupts.
The same thing happened with my dad and me. I had neglected to let our dog, Shadow, in when I left for school. When I got home, my dad told me Shadow had been hit by a car in front of the house. I felt horrible.
I had a reputation as being selfish with my money back then, so supposing that the news of Shadow being hurt wouldn’t affect me as much as he wanted it to, he said that I would have to pay the vet bills.
When he told me a minute later that Shadow had not actually been hurt, I was very offended that he thought I was so selfish that I would care about having to pay the bill rather than the fact that the dog had been hurt. I remember thinking that yes, I was the one getting in trouble, but Dad had gone too far with that one, and so I started doing some yelling of my own.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment