Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Prevention Team

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
The Prevention Team is another thing I was in when I was in high school. Like they do in the book, they came to my youth group at Canton 1st Church of the Nazarene and gave their presentation. Afterward, they asked if any student would like to sign up to join their team. I did. That summer, they had training classes and the next school year, I would skip school twice a month and go with the team to give the presentation to other high school and jr. high health classes. The team operated out of the Crisis Pregnancy Support Center of Canton and we would go wherever a teacher or pastor invited us.
The team was run by an awesome guy named Todd Shilling. I got to be really good friends with him while I was on the team and still am now, though I don’t see him very often because of distance. We both had a love for the Lord and Star Wars. He’s still involved in ministry and actually married one of the team members.
Anyway, the talk that Todd and the team give at God’s Love is based on what I remember of our team presentation.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment