Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ling and the Dog Abuser

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
This happened pretty much the same way it did in the book. I was probably around seven or eight years old. I was outside playing in my back yard when I saw this black dog come across from the neighbor’s yard. Trailing right behind him was this twenty-something-year-old skinny white guy. He tackled the dog and literally began punching him in his side.
Too scared to do say anything myself, but knowing that he was hitting that dog way too hard, I ran in the house and told my dad.
By the time we came back out, the man had stopped. He was sitting on top of the dog and was huffing and puffing from the exertion. My dad yelled down the hill, “That your dog?”
The man looked up and nodded. “He ran away, had to get him back.”
“Well, you want to beat your dog, that’s fine,” my dad said, “but don’t do it in my yard again.”
I like Shawn’s response a little better, but what can I say? Maybe if my dad had seen the man beating the dog, he would have reacted a little more strongly.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment