Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ling Almost Kidnapped: the Lost Dog Trick

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
Someone actually tried to kidnap me this way when I was about six. Like Ling, I was outside playing in my front yard and this car rolled up and stopped on the edge of the road in front of our house. I was a little nervous because I was the only one outside and I didn’t recognize the car. I thought it was someone who was going to ask for directions – people had stopped by our house asking for directions like that before when they saw we were outside – but I knew I wouldn’t know what to tell them.
The window rolled down and a man inside waved me over. I thought it looked like one of the neighbors from down the street, but wasn’t sure. Since he didn’t live right next door, I had only seen him a couple of times.
The man said he had lost his dog – the man down the street did have a dog – and asked me if I wanted to help him find it. He told me I could ride around with him and help him look. Wary, but wanting to help, I told him I would go ask and ran inside the house.
I told my mom about it and asked her if I could go, but when we went back to the door, the car wasn’t there anymore.
Very interesting.
I can only say praise God I wasn’t taken.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment