Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jim and Darcey

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
After my mom died, my dad had a pretty serious girlfriend. I think they would have gotten married, but there were a few things that made my dad hesitant. First, this woman was an alcoholic. Like Darcey, she would hide bottles of liquor all over the house so that she could take a drink real quick while no one was looking. Secondly, she was a very jealous person. We had housekeepers and babysitters after my mom died and my dad’s girlfriend would get jealous of them being in the house. She would even get jealous at seeing my mom’s pictures still hanging on the wall.
My dad’s relationship with this woman ended, but not in the same way Jim and Darcey’s did. My dad’s girlfriend finally went to a rehabilitation center and while she was there, she gave her life to Christ. She says that God took away her need for alcohol then, but that she knew it wouldn’t be a good idea for her to keep seeing my dad since he wasn’t a Christian.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment