Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Flounder

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
As Jim does to Danny in the book, so my dad to me in life.
I was taking a nap after school when I was about sixteen or seventeen. My room opened onto the garage, so as my dad came home from work, he saw me lying there in bed. He walked up to me, bent down real close to me ear, and yelled, “Hey!” as loud as he could.
For some reason, my hand flew up and started trying to smack away whatever had made the loud noise. But instead of smacking my dad, I ended up just smacking my own ear over and over again. My self-induced blows to the head, combined with the loud noise and my dad’s yell and subsequent laughter finally woke me up.
He said I was like a fish out of water, flopping and flailing all around.
A couple of days later, he thought he’d try the experiment again. I was in the shower. He snuck in, stood just outside the curtain, and yelled, “Flounder!” This time, I jumped back and hit the shower wall.
Fun times.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment