Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Melody Doesn't Like Hot Dogs

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
Yeah, so when I was about six, I was at my grandma’s for some big family gathering. I was upstairs playing in one of the spare rooms with my cousins when my grandma called us down. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, she asked me if I wanted a hot dog or a hamburger. The easy answer would have been, “Hamburger,” but no, I had to come out, “I don’t like hot dogs! Why can’t you get that through your thick head?”
Like Melody, I’m not sure why I said that. I liked hot dogs just fine. My guess is I had heard the line on tv recently and was trying it out. Whatever the case, my dad heard me and immediately started yelling. My grandma tried to spare me, but it was no use. I was already on my back up the stairs, this time being drug by the arm. I don’t remember the spanking, but I know I had to have gotten a pretty good one.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment