Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Danny Falls Off the Bridge

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series
My grandparents didn’t live in Mamantel, Mexico; they lived in Knobnoster, Missourri. I loved going to their house when I was younger. Just like in The Gifted, my grandpa had built the house himself, but never finished it. You could open a door on the second floor, and step onto nothing. It was so cool. And there was no well or city water on the property. Grandpa had a pick-up truck with a water tank on the back of it and every couple of days, he’d drive into town to get it filled up. That truck and water tank was the house’s water supply. And whenever we did go into town for water, we’d stop by the gas station and, besides talking to everyone there, grandpa would buy me a pack of Lifesavers candies. Even better than that, though, was the grilled ham and cheese that my grandma would make for lunch. I don’t know how she made them, but they were way better than anyone else’s.
My great-grandma lived behind them, across a little stream with a footbridge over it. She had a trailer back there and lived by herself with her deaf little poodle.
I never fell off or got hurt on that footbridge, but I did find some bones underneath their porch once. I think they were chicken bones, but had a great time imagining I was Indiana Jones or something back then.
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series

No comments:

Post a Comment