Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gretchen Plays Tornado

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series!
There is a brief mention in The Gifted: Book 1: In the Beginning of Gretchen throwing Kitty up in the air and then twirling her around as she re-enacts the tornado scene from The Wizard of Oz. Gretchen spins around, as if she is caught in the tornado, and makes herself dizzy to the point of falling down.
This is very much like a game I played at recess, once. I emphasize once because it was the first time my friends and I had played this game and, after what happened to me, I never played it again. I was in second grade and, like Gretchen, my friends and I were pretending to be caught in a tornado. I spun and spun and spun until I tripped over my own feet and landed on my shoulder. It hurt, but I didn’t think anything serious had happened.
That night, my family went out to dinner and my shoulder was still hurting. It was getting worse, in fact, and I could barely lift my arm. My mom convinced my dad to take me to the emergency room, then, and I was found to have fractured my clavicle. I guess that just goes to show that tornadoes are dangerous, even pretend ones!
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment