Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gretchen Falls Off the Counter

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series!
In my book, The Gifted: Book 1: In the Beginning, there is a scene in which baby Gretchen, sitting in her carrier seat, falls off of her parents’ kitchen counter.
This actually happened to my brother, Cody. I was about four or five years old and I remember that my parents and I were sitting down to eat dinner at our round, Formica kitchen table. Cody, having already been fed, was left to observe us from his seat on the counter. As we started eating, we were suddenly startled by a loud, simultaneous smack! and a thud. We all turned to look where the sound had come from and immediately saw that Cody wasn’t up on the counter. Neither was his seat. Our eyes dropped to the floor and there was the carrier, upside down, with no sight or sound of Cody coming from underneath.
Well, my parents both rushed over and turned the baby seat right side up, and there was my brother, a little wide-eyed, but perfectly fine. The straps holding him in and the sides of the seat had kept him totally safe from any impact with the floor. He must have just been rocking in his seat and scooted himself right off the edge!
Of course we’ll read in The Gifted: Book 2: Coming of Age that Gretchen’s fall from the counter wasn’t so accidental. I have it on good authority that there was actually something more nefarious going on there.
Until next time! May God’s Spirit be with your spirit!
Steve
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment