Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gretchen "Drives" the El Camino

Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series!
When I was a toddler, my parents and I lived in downtown Canton, Ohio. The duplex we rented was on a hill and so the driveway had quite a slope to it. One day, when I was playing outside, I climbed into my dad’s van and was messing with the gear shift, mimicking they way I had seen my mom and dad drive. At that time, not all vehicles had to be on in order to switch gears so as I kept toying with the gear shift, I pulled it into reverse and started rolling backwards down the hill and into the alley behind me. I was heading for the road when a neighbor saw me and ran to jump in the passenger door. He threw it into park and all was well, with me, like Gretchen, none the wiser to the danger I had been in.
I used an El-Camino in this story rather than a van, by the way, because of the simple fact that El-Caminos are awesome! Seriously, they’ve got to be one of my favorite types of vehicles. I mean, it’s a car and a pick-up. How cool is that? Oh, how I wish I owned an El-Camino!
Read or purchase the series at The Gifted Book Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment